Map Printing: Tear-Off Pads are a Very Convenient Way to Distribute Maps
Printed maps are often provided by Visitor Centers, Event Promoters, Tourist Attractions, Information Desks, Rental Car Agencies, Hotel Reception Areas and Concierge Stations…plus many other places and venues where people might need some assistance to efficiently navigate the local area.
Producing maps as tear-off pads makes for a very simple and convenient way to store and distribute the maps. Tear-off map pads are created by applying a flexible adhesive along one edge of a stack of same-sized maps. The adhesive secures the printed maps as a unit, but allows the topmost map to be easily removed when needed. Most map pads incorporate a chipboard backer for rigidity.
Tear-off pads can be produced in just about any handy size, but work best for maps measuring 17" x 11" or smaller. Also, tear-off maps can be printed in color or grayscale, with the printing on one or both sides. In addition, tear-off maps are very economical, making them well-suited for one-time use.
What types of Maps are commonly created as Tear-Off Pads?
- Tourist Maps of Shopping Districts, Restaurants, Hotels, Local Attractions
- Visitor Maps of Theme Parks, Zoos, Botanical Gardens, Fairs, Festivals, Museums
- Participant and Spectator Maps of Parade Routes, Marathons, Trade Show Venues
- Walking Maps for Sightseeing, Self-Guided Tours, Historic Sites
- Transit Maps of Towns and Cities, Public Transportation Routes, Parking Areas
- Maps of Campgrounds, Hiking and Biking Trails, Wildlife Sanctuaries, Fishing Lakes
- Maps of Resorts, Golf Courses, Parks, Recreational and Sport Complexes
- Maps of University and College Campuses
What are the Benefits of Tear-Off Map Pads?
- Pads are easier to handle, store, and transport than loose sheets
- Can be produced in virtually any convenient size
- More economical than large maps that require folding
- Can be printed in full-color or with just one or two colors
- The orientation can be portrait, landscape, or square
- The printing can be on one side or both sides
- The number of maps per pad is variable (25, 50, 100…or any amount you prefer)
- Maps can be dispensed by a staff member or the pad can be set out for self-serve
If you'd like to learn more about the benefits of creating maps as tear-off pads, give Formax a call at 866-367-6221. Or, if you already know your specs and would like a quote, click here to access our easy quote request from. Whether you need 100 or 10,000 map pads, we're here to help!
Take care! Keith