Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Formax Printing for fresh articles!
Wire-O Bound Books
Wire-O Binding, also known as Twin Loop, Double-Loop, Double-O, Duo-Wire, or simply Wire Binding, is an attractive method for joining the pages and cover of a bound document.
Wire-O binding offers many of the same benefits as spiral coil binding, but is more sophisticated in appearance. As such, it produces a very impressive document. Also, it can accommodate pages and inserts of varying thicknesses, including dividers or index tabs made from heavy cardstock.
The Wire-O binding method utilizes pre-formed pairs of wire loops that run along a C-shaped unit. These wire loops are inserted through holes that have been punched through the book’s cover and pages. The loops are then crimped closer together until they form a perfect circle, thus securing the cover and pages as an assembly, yet allowing them to open freely.
Benefits of Wire-O Binding
- Books open 360 degrees (cover to cover) which allows them to fold flat and lie flat for easier reference.
- The dual wire coils add a very distinctive appearance to bound documents.
- It is a readily available binding method.
- Can be used for very short production runs...for example, 200 books.
- This method is excellent for wall calendars and planners because it allows them to hang completely flat against the wall.
- This binding style works well with index tabs.