Wire-O Bound Book Printing
Wire-O Booklets: The Excellent Choice
Additionally, directories, training and instruction manuals, and multi-page calendars find value in wire-o binding due to its ability to lay flat, making it effortless to find specific information or track important dates. Travel guides can also greatly benefit from this binding style, allowing travelers to keep their hands free while exploring new destinations and referencing the guide for helpful information.
What is Wire-O Binding?
Wire-O Binding, also known as Twin Loop, Double-Loop, Double-O, Duo-Wire, or simply Wire Binding, is an attractive method for joining the pages and cover of a bound document. The Wire-O binding method utilizes pre-formed pairs of wire loops that run along a C-shaped unit. These wire loops are inserted through holes that have been punched through the book's cover and pages.
The loops are then crimped closer together until they form a perfect circle, thus securing the cover and pages as an assembly, yet allowing them to open freely cover-to-cover (360 degrees). Once the book is turned to a desired page, the book will stay put without having to use your hands to hold it open.
How Wire-O Binding Works
- The wire-o coils, meticulously crafted to resemble the open shape of the letter C, gracefully adorn the metal spines, presenting an inviting openness.
- Along the inner edge of both the pages and the cover, precisely punched holes await, a testament to the careful preparation for binding.
- With precision, the open loops of the coil are threaded through each hole, seamlessly uniting the cover and pages into a single, cohesive assembly.
- A gentle yet firm squeeze transforms the wire-o coils, closing them into perfect circles that snugly encircle the pages, securing them in place.
This innovative binding method secures the pages and allows the book to lay flat open at any page or be folded back on itself, offering an unobstructed 360-degree rotation for a versatile and enjoyable reading experience.
Benefits of Wire-O Binding
- Books open 360 degrees (cover to cover) which allows them to fold flat and lie flat for easier reference.
- The dual wire coils add a very distinctive appearance to bound documents.
- It is a readily available binding method.
- Can be used for very short production runs...for example, 200 books.
- This method is excellent for wall calendars and planners because it allows them to hang completely flat against the wall.
- This binding style works well with index tabs.