Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Formax Printing for fresh articles!
Hardcover Books, also known as hardback, hardbound, or casebound books, have a thick protective cover that is constructed from dense paperboard. This paperboard is commonly wrapped with a gloss, matte, or soft-touch laminated paper cover for improved appearance and durability. Because the paperboard is rigid and inflexible, it must be created with a flexible hinge area near the spine to allow the book to open and close easily.
There are several ways to assemble a hardcover book. On some book projects, the pages are gathered and sewn together with strong thread before the cover is attached. On other projects, the pages are glued together near the spinal edge before the cover is applied. The production method is largely dependent upon the order quantity and the budget of the project.
Hardcover is a premium binding method and is ideal for the following types of projects…
• Books that will see frequent use, such as children's books, textbooks, or member directories
• Books that require a prestigious look and feel, such as biographies, memoirs, or corporate history books
• Books that must stand the test of time, such as yearbooks, family history books, or other keepsake books
Benefits of Hardcover Binding
- Hardcover is the most durable book binding option.
- This binding method offers a prestigious look and feel.
- Books can be produced in portrait, landscape or square orientation.
- Can accommodate low or high page counts.
- This binding method forms a flat spinal edge which can be printed upon.
- It allows for books to be made in a wide range of sizes.
- The finished shape allows books to stack well for storage and display.
- It offers the option of being made with or without a protective dust jacket.