Laminated Printing: The Many Benefits and Uses of Print Lamination
The Lamination process encloses and bonds printed pieces between two pieces of clear plastic film.
This transparent film adds strength, rigidity and protection, which extends the life of the printed pieces. Lamination also enhances the appearance of the printing by deepening and brightening the ink colors.
The Primary Benefits of Lamination
- Lamination increases the durability of print materials, allowing them to withstand frequent use.
- Lamination adds protection against fingerprints and smudges, stains and spills, tears and wrinkles, marks and abrasions, plus oil, grease, dirt, moisture and other contaminants.
- Lamination improves appearance by enhancing the ink colors of the printed piece. This creates a more professional look and holds attention longer.
- Lamination adds strength and stiffness, providing an impression of higher quality and importance.
- Lamination is completely transparent and does not impair or blemish the printing in any way.
- Lamination has a reasonable cost. Also, because lamination increases the longevity of print materials, it saves money on reprinting.
Popular Uses for Lamination
Lamination extends the life of printing that is handled frequently, such as…
- Restaurant and Bar Menus
- Price and Part Lists
- Maps and Bookmarks
- Educational and Training Materials
- Membership Cards and Business Cards
Lamination protects printed pieces used in dirty or damp environments…
- Machinery Warnings
- Maintenance Procedures
- Operating and Safety Instructions
- Signage and Rules
- Reusable Hang Tags
Lamination enhances the appearance of printing used for promotional purposes…
- Counter and Tabletop Displays
- Sales Presentation Materials
- Sell Sheets and Product Fact Sheets
- Showroom and Trade Show Materials
- Pocket Folders and Book Covers
Give Formax a call if you have any additional questions about the benefits and uses of Laminated Printing. We can provide printing and laminating services for short or long production runs…plus we offer great advice and money-saving ideas too!
Take care! Keith