Print on Demand
Print On Demand
Print On Demand (POD), also known as On Demand Printing, refers to our ability to produce books and other documents for you on an “as needed” basis. Print On Demand is very popular because our economic climate has more Print Buyers like you looking to streamline operations and improve efficiency.
Print On Demand is most often associated with books and other multi-page documents, but it can also be used for other printed pieces as well. The key to Print On Demand is that the production runs are relatively short. For example, you can order as few as 150 copies of a product catalog at a time instead of ordering a whole skid.
Benefits of Print on Demand:
- Less Money tied up. Since you order a small quantity of books or other documents instead of a whole skid, you don’t have to invest much money.
- Less Waste. Because you are ordering in smaller increments, you reduce the chance of being stuck with obsolete or out-of-date printing if the content changes more rapidly than anticipated.
- Less Risk. You have the flexibility to make frequent changes to the content or design of your printed pieces.
- Less Storage Space. Books and other bulky printed items can take up a lot of room so the less you order at one time, the less room you’ll need to store them.
- Faster turnaround. You can have printed documents in your hands quicker because a shorter run takes less time to produce.