Spiral Binding / Coil Binding
Spiral Binding and Coil Binding are interchangeable terms for the same book binding method. This popular method joins the pages and cover of a book using a durable plastic or metal coil. The coil is inserted and twisted through small holes
or slots punched along the spinal edge of the book's cover and pages.
One of the primary benefits of a spiral bound book
is that the pages can be opened a full 360 degrees (cover to cover). This allows an open book to fold back upon itself and yet still remain flat, so it stays open for easy reference and yet takes up minimal room on a desk or table.
Spiral binding is an excellent choice for reports, sales presentations, proposals, directories, cookbooks, instruction manuals and maintenance guides. Atlases and travel guides are also commonly spiral bound because they are easier to manage when traveling.
Benefits of the Spiral Coil Binding method include...
1. Books open 360 degrees (cover to cover) which allows them to fold flat and lie flat for easier reference.
2. The turn around time is generally quite fast.
3. Can be used for very short production runs…for example, 150 books.
4. This method fits well with On Demand ordering.
5. It allows for books to be made in a wide range of sizes – small like a pocket guide or large like a travel atlas.
6. Coils are available in assorted colors to complement the book's cover.
7. Coils come in a variety of diameters to accommodate books of varying thicknesses.
8. This method is excellent for wall calendars and planners because it allows them to hang completely flat against the wall.
Formax has great pricing on all types of Spiral Coil Bound books.
Click the button below to request a Quote...
Or, use one of these 3 easy ways to Contact us:
Call us at (314) 434-5500 or (866) 367-6221
Send us an Email
Or, submit the Contact Form below and we'll call or email you