Saddle Stitch Book Binding
Of all the softcover bookbinding methods we offer, Saddle Stitching is the most popular. We use this method for a variety of book types including catalogs, manuals, booklets, programs, multi-page brochures, price and part lists, newsletters, periodicals, wall calendars, mailers, etc.
The Saddle Stitch bookbinding method uses wire staples to join the pages and cover at the spine. The staples pass through the spine's folded crease from the outside and are clinched between the
centermost pages. Two staples are commonly used but larger books may require more staples along the spine. Though relatively simple, the result is a very professional looking document.
Benefits of the Saddle Stitch Book Binding method include...
1. It is the least expensive binding method.
2. The turn around time is generally quite fast.
3. It can be used for very short production runs…for example, 150 books.
4. This method fits well with On Demand ordering.
5. Books can be made with a heavier weight cover or as “Self Cover” books. Self Cover means the cover is the same weight of paper as the interior pages.
6. It allows for books to be made in a wide range of sizes – small like a pocket guide or large like a road atlas.
7. Books can be hole punched along the spine for insertion into a ring binder.
8. Relatively easy to design and can accommodate artwork or images that span two adjacent pages (crossover images).
9. Adds minimal bulk or weight to the printing, so it is especially good for pieces that will be mailed.
Formax has great pricing on all types of Saddle Stitched books and booklets.
Click the button below to request a Quote...
Or, use one of these 3 easy ways to Contact us:
Call us at (314) 434-5500 or (866) 367-6221
Send us an Email
Or, submit the Contact Form below and we'll call or email you