Perfect Binding is a widely used soft cover bookbinding method. With this method, the
pages and cover are glued together at the spine
with a strong yet flexible thermal glue. The other three sides of the book are then trimmed as needed to give them clean “perfect” edges.
Perfect bound books have a square, printable spine and the cover is usually made from paper or cardstock that is heavier than the interior pages. If desired, the cover can be clear coated to provide durability and improve appearance.
Authors commonly use perfect binding for fiction and non-fiction books because of its professional appearance and relatively low cost. For the very same reasons, businesses and organizations frequently use the perfect binding method on a variety of printing projects such as corporate reports, manuals, catalogs and thicker product brochures.
Benefits of the Perfect Book Binding method include...
1. It is less expensive than hardcover binding methods.
2. This method allows a high page count.
3. It can be used for very short production runs…for example, 150 books.
4. This method fits well with On Demand ordering.
5. Books can be made with a heavier weight cover for durability and longevity.
6. This method forms a flat spinal edge which can be printed upon.
7. The finished shape allows books to stack well for storage and display.
8. Perfect binding provides a crisp, professional appearance.
Formax has great pricing on all types of Perfect Bound books.
Click the button below to request a Quote...
Or, use one of these 3 easy ways to Contact us: ..
Call us at (314) 434-5500 or (866) 367-6221
Send us an Email
Or, submit the Contact Form below and we'll call or email you