Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Formax Printing for fresh articles!
Perfect Bound Books
Perfect Binding is a widely used soft cover bookbinding method. With this method, the pages and cover are glued together at the spine with a strong yet flexible thermal glue. The other three sides of the book are then trimmed as needed to give them clean “perfect” edges.
Perfect bound books have a square, printable spine and the cover is usually made from paper or cardstock that is heavier than the interior pages. If desired, the cover can be clear-coated to provide durability and improve appearance.
Authors commonly use perfect binding for fiction and non-fiction books because of its professional appearance and relatively low cost. For the very same reasons, businesses and organizations frequently use the perfect binding method on a variety of printing projects such as manuals, catalogs, corporate reports, and thicker product brochures.
Benefits of Perfect Binding
- It is less expensive than hardcover binding methods.
- This method will accommodate a high page count.
- It can be used for very short production runs…for example, 150 books.
- Books can be made with a heavier weight cover for durability and longevity.
- This method forms a flat spinal edge which can be printed upon.
- The finished shape allows books to stack well for storage and display.
- Perfect binding provides a crisp, professional appearance.