Print On Demand (POD), also known as On Demand Printing, refers to our ability to produce books and other documents for you on an “as needed” basis. Print On Demand is very popular because our economic climate has more Print Buyers like you looking to streamline operations and improve efficiency.
Print On Demand is most often associated with books and other multi-page documents, but it can also be used for other printed pieces as well. The key to Print On Demand is that the production runs are relatively short. For example, you can order as few as 100 copies of a product catalog at a time instead of ordering a whole skid.
The Benefits of Print On Demand include…
1) Less Money tied up. Since you order a small quantity of books or other documents instead of a whole skid, you don’t have to invest much money. And you turn your inventory faster.
2) Less Waste. Because you are ordering in smaller increments, you reduce the chance of being stuck with obsolete or out-of-date printing if the content changes more rapidly than anticipated.
3) Less Risk. You have the flexibility to make frequent changes to the content or design of your printed pieces. This is ideal for book projects because it allows for test marketing and relatively quick adjustments.
4) Less Storage Space. Books and other bulky printed items can take up a lot of room so the less you order at one time, the less room you’ll need to store them. This reduces handling costs too.
5) Faster turnaround. You can have printed documents in your hands quicker because a shorter run takes less time to produce. Also, there is less set-up time with the On Demand printing method.
Does your organization use a fair amount of books, catalogs, manuals, directories or other multi-page documents throughout the year? Has storage space and handling become an issue? Are you looking to increase your inventory turns for the year? Have you had to discard perfectly good printing because the material became obsolete? If you answered yes to any of these questions, give Formax a call to explore the many advantages of Print On Demand.
Print On Demand = Faster Deliveries, Smaller Order Quantities & Less Expense
Click the button below to request a Quote...
Or, use one of these 3 easy ways to Contact us:
Call us at (314) 997-2616 or (866) 367-6221
Send us an Email
Or, submit the Contact Form below and we'll call or email you
If you're ready to send us artwork, please click on the Artwork Upload button in the left column of this page.